Project Wonderful

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

How I Feel About the Rielle Hunter Apology Post


One time, about 2 years ago, a girl who had been terrible to me in High School sent me a Facebook message asking if we could be friends. I hadn't given serious thought to this person in years, even when we interacted at a friend's wedding, but I still thought, "No. No we can't be friends." It wasn't because I hate her or wish ill upon her. Quite the opposite. This woman has had some very serious physical and emotional challenges in her life and if anything I felt bad for her. I just didn't need her being relevant to my life. Every interaction I had had with her was negative and thinking of her reminded me of being in a very stressful and scary emotional space. So I wish you well, but no thanks.

That's the closest I can come to explaining how I feel about today's HuffPo apology from Rielle Hunter, mistress to my former candidate John Edwards--an article that is sure to dominate my inbox for the next 24 hours. Finding out the tabloid rumors about John Edwards were true was one of the defining and most disillusioning moments of my career. I don't blame you, but I don't want to hear from you. Good luck selling your book. Now go away.

1 comment:

  1. Agreed. Until she apologizes to all the volunteers I recruited I couldn't give two wet damns.

    ReplyDelete